Aside from general postural realignment, toning and strengthening, here are some of the conditions we can help with and regularly work with:
- Spinal/disc injuries, degeneration (click here to read more)
- Scoliosis (click here to read more)
- Parkinsons (click here to read more)
- Arthritis (click here to read more)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (click here to read more)
- ACL rehab post surgery, or meniscus injuries/repairs (click here to read more)
- Osteoporosis (click here to read more)
- MS and other autoimmune conditions (click here to read more)
- Hypermobility (click here to read more)
- Injuries or pain from Running as a hobby or sport (click here to read more)
- Postural pain from sitting at a desk for prolonged periods at work (click here to read more)
- If you have something that is not listed, email us to ask
The Pilates Clinic, in Wimbledon, was founded by Lisa Lamberti in May 2012. Lisa has over 20 years teaching experience, and since 2002 has housed her studio in various other locations. A passion for movement and rehabilitation led Lisa to Pilates. After training as a teacher in 2000 Lisa began her Pilates career in a Physiotherapy practice where she learned to appreciate seeing people move from a place of long term pain to being pain free. Lisa’s sporting background also inspires her to help fit people get the most out of their bodies in their sporting performance.
The Pilates Clinic welcomes all types of clients and offer classes/sessions to suit all levels of rehabilitation or body conditioning.
We have a space dedicated to private Pilates sessions, and an adjacent space for group reformer Pilates classes. Group reformer classes are aimed at those who already have a base level understanding of Pilates and who are looking for something a little more challenging, with a cardio-vascular element to the sessions. For beginners the best way to start is with Private sessions, but we also run a Beginner Group class on Saturday for those that prefer the group option.
The Pilates Clinic, in Wimbledon, has a team of truly talented teachers. We highly recommend each one and encourage each client to try as many teachers as they can in order to challenge their learning in different ways.
Please feel free to email any questions you might have or call us for more information. We also have an online booking option – simply click here!